Facebook is the world’s biggest, most popular and most widely-used social media service. Facebook attracted millions of users in a very short span of time after its inception. Facebook was launched in February 2004 and by the end of the year, it had achieved its first million users. Now it claims to have 1.23 billion active users (as of June, 2014), of which 945 million users access it on mobile devices. The social network is deeply integrated into the daily media and internet usage of its users. A typical user spends about 20 minutes a day on Facebook. With its massive outreach, this social networking giant has many potential benefits for businesses as well.
Facebook is the most well-known social media website and can serve many purposes. We highlight the most significant ones here:
- The core purpose of Facebook is to provide a platform where people can keep in touch with their colleagues, friends and family. In addition to sharing posts and updates about their own lives, users get to keep themselves aware of their contacts’ lives through their newsfeeds without meeting them frequently. There is option to send private messages and have private chats as well.
- Facebook is a low-cost marketing solution. Marketing activities that would cost lots of dollars through other conventional marketing channels are available for use on Facebook for a fraction of this cost. This makes it ideal for small and large-scale businesses alike; if they are confined within a limited marketing budget. Every day, more and more businesses transfer their marketing campaigns to Facebook due to the sheer simplicity it introduces into the whole process.
- The user-friendly interface of Facebook applications helps brand owners to connect with their target users and customers more effectively and spread positive word of mouth about their brand by increasing the fans on their pages. There is always a third-party option to Buy Fb Fans which catapults the popularity of a Facebook page effortlessly. It is an ideal way to familiarize family, friends and colleagues with your brand.
- Many people today write blogs and articles on their website, and share links on to their Facebook page for better response. This is a neat way to direct traffic from your Facebook page to your website; it gets you more hits on your website for increased revenue generation.
- Facebook is also widely used by celebrity artists, singers, actors, writers and poets to keep their fans up-to-date about their lives and their work.
In a nutshell, Facebook is a user-friendly social network well-liked by users around the globe. Its user base continues to grow rapidly, simultaneously increasing its potential as a marketing platform.