There are actually over 1,500 hospitals in the country that carry orthopedic centers and programs, all of which have experienced, educated, and extremely capable doctors for treating some of the most difficult cases out there. So in the event that you need orthopedic treatment, where should you go? Below are the top 10 ranked hospitals that have outstanding orthopedics.
- Rush University Medical Center: Located in Chicago, Illinois; ranked number 9 in adult and 1 in pediatric specialties. With upstanding pediatrics being sometimes hard to find in the country, this is especially a good hospital to keep in mind.
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center: Located in Los Angeles, California; this hospital is ranked number 4 in California and number 2 in the LA metro area. Along with their orthopedics, they have 11 other specialties that are nationally ranked for adults.
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital: Located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; this hospital is also ranked for 12 specialties, and scores very high for patient safety.
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital: Located in Chicago, Illinois; tied for 7th with Cedars-Sinai, Northwestern is the top hospital in both Chicago and in the state of Illinois. They are ranked nationally in 12 adult specialties, scoring rather high in most specialty categories.
- Johns Hopkins Hospital: Located in Baltimore, Maryland; this is ranked number 1 in both the city of Baltimore and the state of Maryland. They are ranked nationally in 15 adult and 10 pediatric specialties—they have gotten top 5 with the exception of 2 in all specialties.
- Hospital For Joint Diseases: Located in NYC, New York; this is hospital is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities and is ranked nationally for 12 adult specialties. They are number two in the city and state of New York.
- Massachusetts General Hospital: Located in Boston; ranked nationally for 16 adult and 6 pediatric specialties. They are especially dedicated to the pediatric facility, as well as rehabilitation.
- Cleveland Clinic: Located in Ohio; ranked nationally for 14 adult and 7 pediatric specialties; they scored extremely high in every specialty category.
- Mayo Clinic: Located in Rochester, NY; they are ranked nationally in 16 adult and 10 pediatric specialties. They scored very high in patient safety, and have demonstrated an eagerness to reduce medical accidents and mistakes.
- Hospital For Special Surgery: NY, New York; while this hospital has only been ranked in 3 adult specialties nationally, they are indeed number 1 in orthopedics. They focus on all orthopedic cases, as well as rheumatology and geriatrics.
Most of these hospitals are also teaching hospitals, so they constantly have the best and brightest in their facilities.
When it comes to receiving treatment for an orthopedic issue, you obviously want the best. With the options listed here and their vast reach in all areas of the country, it shouldn’t be hard to find the right orthopedic doctor to suit your needs.
I’m Geoff Leary, a freelance writer in Upstate New York. I once wanted to build rocket ships, but writing takes me farther. I aim to take action & make inspiration while writing about a range of topics, just to keep things interesting. Find me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LearyGeoff