If you have been considering cashing in on your lifelong dream of sailing around the world, but you find it hard to break away, you might just need some inspiration!
Every dedicated sailor has their own reasons for wanting to sail around the world. Maybe there are places you want to see or perhaps it’s something you have always wanted to do with your partner. If you’re looking for that final push, read on for a few reasons why you should take the plunge, drop everything and begin your adventure!
- Think of all the places you want to visit and why. This could be your chance. If you have the time and are financially capable, then what is stopping you? There is nothing quite like having the wind in your sails and the world at your fingertips.
- You only have to unpack once. While this may be a trivial perk, you won’t have to worry about the hassle of packing, unpacking and repacking when traveling to each different destination. In fact, this strikes at the essence of such an undertaking – to take on the challenge of a huge sailing adventure brings with it many complexities, but also much simplicity; you have your vessel, your equipment, and your desire to explore.
- There are so many wonders all around the world, and many of them are only accessible by boat. Here are a few examples to whet your appetite for adventure:
- Navagia Beach, Greece on the Northwest coast of Zakynthos; the third largest of Greece’s Ionian Islands, surrounded by limestone cliffs and clear waters.
- Dry Tortugas, Florida. Roughly 113 kilometres west of Key West, a remote cluster situated in the Gulf of Mexico. It is only accessible by boat or seaplane. Dry Tortugas National Park is open waters and scenic beaches.
- Cala Luna, Golfi di Orosei, Italy. A crescent-shaped beach that is 700 meters long and framed by cliffs and caves.
- Consider this a release from the possibly corporate and mundane life you’ve been living. If you are a natural born adventurer, your current life could be tying you down. Doing the same thing every day can burn you out. Do you ever think to yourself, “What’s the point?” This could be the escape you’ve been looking for.
- Whether you decide to take this journey by yourself, with a friend or a significant other, this journey will enable you to explore the relationship(s) further. When you’re on a boat together with limited space for long periods of time, it forces you to be real. Plus, experiencing new things together can strengthen relationships in unimaginable ways.
- The thrill and adventure will leave you with no regrets. For those who love risk and adrenaline, sailing through open waters will do the trick. Danger could be lurking around every corner when sailing, especially for an extended period of time through international waters.
- Most importantly, you will finally be fulfilling that lifelong dream. There’s no time like the present – make your dream a reality by making the commitment to sail around the world. You aren’t doing this for anyone but yourself, and life is better with no regrets.
If you’ve been on the fence about setting sail for good (or at least the foreseeable future), these seven reasons might just give you the push you are looking for. And remember, you can always try before you buy! Go sailing for a month or two, or book a bareboat charter for a week. Any time out on the water is time well spent.