RedHoop, an online education company, is named after the Red Hoop Fountain located in the Stanford University. This fountain is surrounded by revered edification institutes like the School of Education, Green Library, and Meyer Library. The name was chosen because of the simplicity and its easy recall ability. The fountain is symbolic for source of learning.
RedHoop is striving to grow as a resourceful community to assist self-learners worldwide. The individuals seeking for the course information can make use of this enriched search engine to sift for the various programs available in the different fields of education from the major online course providers which include:
- Coursera – a California based company that has partnered with the top universities in the world to offer free courses online
- Udacity – another California based company run by a growing team of educators and engineers offering high-quality, affordable and accessible courses for students across the globe
- Edx – it is a not-for-profit organization founded by Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The organization features learning and interactive study via the web
- Khan Academy – it is a California-based, not-for-profit institute providing free education for anyone anywhere
- Open2Study – based in Australia
- OpenupEd – based in Europe
and many other online course providers.
One of the best attributes of this educational search engine is that it has a rich database which is updated on regular basis to spare the visitors, self-learners and the students of the hassle of visiting multiple websites. This cohesive platform provides a one-site solution to all their needs and features more than four thousand (4000+) courses of which more than fourteen hundred (1400+) are free online courses. The course categories offered at this search engine are varied and include:
under which countless courses are offered for the students and other learners. It also maintains a regular blog where the students and visitors can learn about the benefits offered with the course of the week regularly. To learn about the latest updates and news the visitors can also link with the website through various social media websites, where notifications are updated on regular basis. RedHoop is fast growing into a community of individuals seeking to enhance their education and improve their learning.