Augmentation Mammaplasty or better recognized as breast augmentation is a very, very popular cosmetic procedure. The popularity of this procedure increases significantly each year and it looks like it will continue to do so. Breast augmentation Seattle is for any woman looking to enhance her breast that life never blessed her with or has simply taken away from her over the years.
Breast augmentation helps enhance the overall shape and size of the breast. It will not lift the breast from a sagging state completely. If you want your breast to be lifted, a breast lift can be added during your breast augmentation procedure, but this is not always the case. Make sure to discuss this option with your plastic surgeon, he/she will give you their professional opinion on the matter.
The hardest part is choosing the plastic surgeon. This is hard because you have to do some investigating. You don’t want just anyone doing this procedure. Here are a few things to look for:
- Most important thing is to make sure that the plastic surgeon is board certified. You can even go into lengths and make sure they are by possibly checking with the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- Search on the internet and read testimonials to help you choose. Remember, not everyone will be happy, so do not let one negative testimonial out of ten positive ones, affect your decision.
- If you’re still unsure, schedule a consultation. This will help you make the decision based on your opinion of the plastic surgeon.
During the consultation, the plastic surgeon will go over information with you. Don’t hesitate to ask the doctor to explain something again or even ask them to use laymen’s terms. Doctors would rather you ask questions – big or small – than undergo Breast Implants Seattle without fully understanding. Here’s a heads up:
- Implant size – You’ll be asked what size you’re interested in receiving. However, what you want in size may not add up to what your plastic surgeon deems a suitable size for you.
- Type of implant – Just like you’ll be asked what size of implant you like, you’ll be asked what type of implant you want. You’ll be showed two types of implants – saline or silicone – and the doctor will give his professional opinion on what he/she feels you’ll be satisfied with.
- Incision location – There are different incision locations that the plastic surgeon will go over and he/she will let you know which one they feel is best for your procedure 1.) Inframammary – under the breast. 2.) Peri-areolar – the area in or around the areola or nipple. 3.) Trans-axillary – the implant will be inserted through the armpit.
Once the consultation is over, it’s up to you whether or not you want to schedule with the plastic surgeon. You may want to think about the procedure a little while longer or you may want the procedure done, but not with the plastic surgeon. Don’t feel bad. This is what consultations are for. It’s ultimately for you to choose who the surgeon to do your breast augmentation procedure.